Friday, January 21, 2005

It's the actuary profession for me, baby!

Finally, I find time to blog about this. Hee. All these posts but no post about passing the exam? Well, here it is: I PASSED THE FIRST OF SEVERAL ACTUARIAL EXAMS. I didn't write about this right away, because I wanted to write about it in the way most representative of what I felt during the day I found out about the results.

Eyes: Passing Candidate Numbers: 11038.
Heartbeat: DUG DUG DUG DUG DUG DUG DUG DUG DUG DUGGGGGG!!!!!!
Brain: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!
Mouth: I passed! [grins]
Brain: YOU PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Heartbeat: DUGGG!!! DUGGG!!! DUGGG!!! DUGGG!!! DUGGG!!!
Mouth: I passed!! [grins wider]
Brain: Maybe there's an error.
Heartbeat: DUGGG!!!! [stops]
Mouth: [wide O]
Eyes: Passing Candidate Numbers: 11038.
Eyes: Passing Candidate Numbers: 11038.
Eyes: Passing Candidate Numbers: 11038.
Brain: OH MY GOD YOU DID PASS! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!
Mouth: I PASSED!!! [a wider grin, if that was even possible]

My non-sem break was worth it. The endless computations were worth it. The McDo breakfasts, lunches, and dinners were worth it.

I'd like to thank everyone for supporting me during those times. Those times were also the toughest on me, not only academically, but also mentally, emotionally, and psychologically. Jel, thanks for being there despite... everything. You really managed to snag this one for me. Without you on my side, I would have lost this battle. Well, this victory's for you, and don'tcha know it! (Dinners, movies, and appliances to follow. Hee.) Joey, my comrade-in-war, you know how important this test was for us. You also know that you were a big part of this victory. We did it, man! We deserve this! Thank you for e-very-thing! Tsikee and Jamie, the emotional burden was overwhelming; you were my safety nets. Thanks for saving me. Every gesture made this victory possible. Thanks again. Thanks are also in order for my roommates, for making that sembreak an easier one to bear; for my dorm berks, for always believing in my ability to pass; and for my blockmates, for sympathizing with me: math can really be difficult. THANKS! THANKS! THANKS!

I feel exhilarated once again. Perhaps I should opt to take the next test this May? Hee. ACTUARY, here I come!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home